Traveling to work on both the train and tube every morning, taking a quick glance around you will find the majority of people consuming some kind of content - phones, tablets and, less frequently, papers.
This is a good time to capture your audience - they're already in work mode but can't yet sit down at their desk. What do they do? read the emails that are most interesting (me).
This is just an example of how you would reach me if I was your target audience, it might be different for your industry...
We help numerous clients produce their own insightful valuable content and the ones getting most performance do the following:
- E-Newsletters combined with social sharing
- Carefully target the correct people and maintain a high-quality list
- Select the optimum day/time/frequency to send it out
- Track who is opening what for how long and what they then do (automation)
- Have a process to follow up on 4.
In 2016, I think we’ll continue to see email automation tools become even more useful, offering email marketers more ways to creatively use them. We can expect to see more integration with apps and products, allowing marketers to send emails based on not only in-app behavior but other interactions.